Download class presentation file:
(Note: For answering the questions, first copy and paste the questions from the “For your answers” section below into the comments section. Follow the instructions and answer there. Remember to write your name and list number in the comments section too so your classwork can be counted)
Call the professor for any doubt that you may have.
- Create a new folder on the Desktop and name it “GUI Activity” (Right-click en a blank space in the desktop, select New, Folder)
- Double-click it to open it
- Create 2 folders inside the “GUI Activity” folder. Name the first one as “Source” and the second as “Destination”
- Open the “Source” folder by double-clicking it
- Create 4 Word Files (Right-click, New, New Word Document), the names must be: Doc 1, Doc 2 and so on
- Minimize the “Source” folder
- Back in the desktop, open again the “Gui Activity” folder and then the “Destination” folder by double-clicking them.
- Drag the “Destination” window Titlebar to the right of the screen, until it fills the right side of your screen.
- Do the same with the “Sources” folder that you minimized in step 6, but drag it to the left side of the screen.
- Both folders must be visible, “Sources” at the left and “Destination” to the right.
- Drag the file “Doc 1” from “Sources” to “Destination” What happened?
- Right drag “Doc 2” from “Sources” to “Destination”. What happened?
- Select “Create shortcut here” in the contextual menu that appeared on the last step.
- Back in the “Sources” folder drag around the files Doc 3 and Doc 4, selecting them.
- Right-drag the selected files to “Destination” and click on “Copy here”
- How many files do you have in the “Source” folder?
- How many files do you have in the “Destination” folder?
For your answers
Copy and paste the following lines in the comments section to answer there:
- Do you think is important to know the different mouse gestures? Why?
- What gesture is the most useful for you? Why?
- What happened in step 11?
- What happened in step 12?
- How many files do you have in “Source” Folder? (Step 16)
- How many files do you have in “Destination” Folder? (Step 17)