According to Microsoft, SmartArt is a Graphic Element to communicate information visually.
There are various types of SmartArts:
We are going to create a new PowerPoint presentation with a different type of smart art on each slide. You can see some examples on: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/be-smart-in-choosing-graphics-RZ010177295.aspx?section=2
- Slide 1. List SmartArt. Make a list of your 5 favorite songs.
- Slide 2. Process SmartArt. Make a Process SmartArt explaining the steps to prepare a Lemonade
- Slide 3. Cicle SmartArt. Make the SmartArt with the cicle of water
- Slide 4. Hierarchy SmartArt. Create your family tree, from your grandparents to you. Being you on the top of the tree
- Slide 5. Relationship SmartArt. Contrast the advantages and disadvantages of leaving the school to work in a factory
- Slide 6. Matrix SmartArt. Use it to show How John Lennon, Ringo Starr, George Harrison And Paul McCartney were the members Of the Beatles
- Slide 7. Pyramid SmartArt. Create a Pyramid with the social order of the ancient Egypt. Slaves at the bottom, citizens, Soldiers, Governors, Priests, Pharaoh.
Modify each SmartArt from the default design. Click a SmartArt, go to the SmartArt Tab, to the Design Sub-Tab. And modify colors and styles (2d to 3d, shadows and so on)
When you finish part 2, call the proffesor to check your work.